Partner James Bertsch and associate Tim Smith obtained an early dismissal for two construction clients from a multi-party lawsuit arising from a personal injury suffered by the plaintiff on a commercial construction project. They successfully argued that both of their clients, the general contractor and a sub-contractor, were entitled to the same immunity (workers compensation exclusive remedy) from the lawsuit as plaintiff’s employer since there was a Contractor Controlled Insurance Program in effect on the project in which both the general contractor and sub-contractor were enrolled.
- Transparency in Coverage
- Touchstone Bernays - Touching Lives in a Big Way
- EIGHT TOUCHSTONE BERNAYS ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2019 TEXAS SUPER LAWYERS LIST
- TOUCHSTONE BERNAYS ATTORNEYS HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO THE 2019 TEXAS RISING STARS LIST
- NINE TOUCHSTONE BERNAYS ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 TEXAS SUPER LAWYERS LIST
Recent Blog Posts
- MORE ON INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES
- TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY DOES NOT PREVENT A RECOVERY FOR LOSS-OF-USE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS
- STAY TUNED: A FIFTH CIRCUIT U.S. COURT OF APPEALS PANEL........
- APPLICATION OF WATER-DAMAGE EXCLUSION IN ALL-RISK HOMEOWNER'S POLICY
- MEDICAL SERVICES EXCLUSION PRECLUDES COVERAGE