Trey Kampfer is an experienced litigator with an emphasis on defending companies and individuals in a diverse range of claims involving commercial and residential construction defects, products liability, deceptive trade practices, premises liability, personal injury, and fraud. Trey is also experienced in litigating first-party claims and commercial disputes involving breach of contract and breach of warranty claims.
- Tried eight jury trials to verdict as second-chair attorney in civil cases involving property damage, premises liability, defamation, and personal injuries.
- Tried seven jury trials to verdict as first-chair attorney in criminal cases involving misdemeanor and felony offenses.
- Tried in excess of 25 bench trials in cases involving real property disputes, probate disputes, and family law matters.
- Obtained final summary judgment on behalf of a foundation contractor sued for construction defects arising from construction of a residence in Bowie County, Texas.
- Obtained final summary judgment on behalf of a general contractor sued for serious personal injuries arising from a worksite accident during construction of a residence in Collin County, Texas.
- Obtained final summary judgment on behalf of clients sued for malicious prosecution in Collin County, Texas. Drafted successful appellate brief for clients in Dallas Court of Appeals, which affirmed the trial court judgment in favor of clients.
- Assisted first-chair attorney in obtaining judgment notwithstanding the verdict in a defamation case that was tried before a Tarrant County jury, discharging a verdict against several individuals and Fort Worth business entities. Assisted in drafting successful appellate brief for clients in Fort Worth Court of Appeals, which affirmed the trial court judgment in favor of clients. The Supreme Court of Texas affirmed the Fort Worth Court of Appeals.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for numerous clients in lawsuits involving construction defects, products liability, first-party claims, and personal injuries.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- Texas Bar Association
- Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- St. Mary’s University, J.D., 2011
- University of Texas, B.B.A., Finance, 2007
Born in Dallas, Texas
Superlawyers Rising Star – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021