Before joining Touchstone Bernays, Travis practiced law in Illinois after having worked as a research attorney with the Illinois Appellate Court. In addition to his legal background, he has over eight years of experience managing occupational safety on large construction sites and in a variety of industrial facilities throughout Texas and the United States. Travis has written several articles dealing with occupational safety and the intersection of legal issues and construction injuries. He is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and speaks, reads, and writes Spanish.
Texas Bar Association
Illinois Bar Association
American Society of Safety Professionals
Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Southern Illinois University, J.D., 2012, cum laude
• CALI Awards: employment law, federal courts, criminal law
• Academic Excellence Award
• Journal of Legal Medicine
University of Southern Indiana, B.A., Spanish, Dean’s List
• Speaking the Same Language: How electrical operations and maintenance professionals can effectively work with safety personnel, Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M), Nov. 3, 2021, Speaking the Same Language | EC&M (ecmweb.com) (coauthored with Jeremy Presnal)
• OSHA’s Exploitable Recordkeeping Standard: How it Undermines Safety in Construction, and How it Should Be Revised, 34 ABA J. Lab. & Emp. L. 3, 359, 2020, osha-exploitable-recordkeeping.pdf (americanbar.org)
• The Pandemic-Era and Broader Implications of Employer Decision-Making in Workplace Injury Cases, 35 ABA J. Lab. & Emp. 3, 511, 2021, The Pandemic-Era and Broader Implications of Employer Decision-Making in Workplace Injury Cases (americanbar.org)
• The Juvenile Court Act’s All-Important Temporary Custody Hearing, Illinois Bar Journal, April 2018, Volume 106, Number 4, Page 38 (may be viewed online at https://www.isba.org/ibj/2018/04/wardshipthejuvenilecourtactsallimpo)
• Case summary of Sorrell v. IMS Health, Inc., 131 S.Ct. 2653 (2011), Physician Prescribing Information, Legal Medicine Perspectives, September/October 2011, Vol. 20, No. 5, p. 67
Travis and his wife live in Frisco, Texas. They have two children, one of which was born in San Antonio, Texas.