Experience/Areas of Practice
Heather Bocell has been licensed to practice law since 2004, and she has practiced law at Touchstone Bernays since 2007. She became a partner with the firm in 2016. Heather is a trial attorney specializing in civil litigation and she represents clients in matters involving personal injury, premises liability, products liability, transportation liability, and general negligence issues.
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving slip and fall on heavily traveled walkway between department store and food court (Bell County District Court, 2015).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving slip and fall on soda substance, despite testimony from manager that indicated that soda appeared to have a “sticky” nature, and that employees had not monitored area in question for a significant period of time (Tarrant County District Court, 2015).
- Defended a defendant retailer in a premises liability case wherein the customer alleged that the slip and fall resulted in serious life altering injuries, including a lumbar spinal fusion surgery. Despite plaintiff’s counsel demand for over $2.4 million dollars in damages, the jury limited plaintiff’s recovery to $70,000 in damages (Collin County District Court, 2014).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving slip and fall from alleged leaking refrigerated unit in a retail setting (Denton County District Court, 2014).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving alleged head injuries sustained after a falling can off of a display shelf (Parker County District Court, 2014).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving alleged trip and fall over a store display (Hunt County District Court, 2013).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving alleged trip on a drain plate inside a store (Dallas County District Court, 2012).
- Defense verdict in premises liability case involving alleged slip and fall on ice from a soda dispenser (Dallas County Court at Law, 2009).
- “The jury trial from petition to verdict.” September 3, 2015
- “The past, present, and future of paid and incurred medical expenses.” September 19, 2012.
- “What you and your insured can expect if a claim cannot be resolved.” September 1, 2010.
- “Discovery of electronically stored information.” September 17, 2008.
Selected as Rising Star in Texas Monthly Magazine: 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
Admitted, Texas, 2004.
Southern Methodist University School of Law, JD, 2004
Texas Christian University, BBA- Finance, 2001
Born 1979, in Hutchinson, Kansas. Married to Ben Bocell, with one daughter (Sara) and one son (Luke).