Areas of Practice
Bart Ridley has practiced law with Touchstone since his graduation from law school in 1994. He became a partner with the firm in 2001. Bart is a trial attorney who specializes in civil litigation and represents clients in matters involving personal injury, professional malpractice, products liability, premises liability, transportation liability, and insurance coverage disputes. He has developed a special expertise in advising clients facing liability exposure that maintain a significant self-insured retention, and in matters involving clients that are self-insured pursuant to the Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act.
• Defending grocery store chain in premises liability cases throughout Texas since 1994.
• Defending national rental car companies in litigation throughout Texas since 1999.
• Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers— Rising Star Edition 2006.
• Certified Mediator since 2007.
• Handled hundreds of cases, and served as Lead Trial Counsel or Second Chair in over 20 jury trials.
• Obtained defense verdicts from juries in premises liability cases tried in Bell, Collin, Dallas, Hood, Hunt, Kaufman, Limestone, Navarro, Parker, and Tarrant Counties.
• Secured no negligence jury verdict in trucking accident case arising from a rear-end collision.
• Successfully defended C-level executive of worldwide company against gross negligence claims arising from vehicle collision resulting in multiple spinal surgeries.
• Obtained directed verdict and complete dismissal of personal injury claims arising from alleged defective vehicle braking system during jury trial.
• Successfully defended charitable organizations in litigation involving allegations of sexual abuse pending in Tom Green and Taylor Counties.
• Obtained complete dismissal of claims for malicious prosecution and defamation by former employee against supervisor during jury trial in Smith County.
• Successfully defended malpractice cases against insurance agents, realtors, city attorneys, criminal defense lawyers, divorce lawyers, and bankruptcy counsel.
• Convinced Appellate Court to uphold complete dismissal of professional negligence and health care liability claims against pharmacist and retail pharmacy. Lillie Perry v. Rick Bradley and Brookshire Grocery Co., 2011 WL 6415135, Tex. App–Waco 2011.
• Successfully defended companies against workplace injury suits involving industrial lifting equipment in Harris, Lamar and Smith Counties.
• Achieved favorable result for national safety product supply company in life altering injury suit arising from actions of intoxicated employee in Travis County.
Brookshire Grocery Company
Specialty Risk Services
Cambridge Integrated Services Group
State Bar of Texas – admitted in 1994
Collin County Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Admitted to United States District Courts:
Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Professional Liability Defense Federation
National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Plano Chamber of Commerce
Baylor University School of Law, J.D. 1994
University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1991
Born Denton, Texas, 1968.
Resident of Plano, Texas.
Plano ISD Alumni Association.
Texas Exes–Life Member.
Graduate of Leadership Plano Class XVIII (2001).
Board of Directors–Plano International Preschool, 2001 – 2009.
Board of Directors–Plano ISD Education Foundation, 2003 – 2011.
Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Study Task Force, 2008.
Plano ISD Career and Technical Advisory Committee, 2015 – 2016.
Junior Achievement Volunteer, Wilson Middle School, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Board of Directors–Plano Youth Leadership, 2016 – present.
Texas Super Lawyer 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.